Whereas, it is God’s purpose to call out of this world a church, the body of Jesus Christ, which shall be built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ the Chief Corner Stone (Eph 2:20), “And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;” and which shall consist of all who have repented and accepted Christ as Savior and Lord; and whereas, God has ordained and set ministry gifts in the church, which shall be exercised according to scripture order; there be it.
Resolved, that we recognized ourselves as a cooperative fellowship of regenerated, spirit-baptized saints to be known as the Pentecostal Evangelical Church; and that there will be no politicking in this fellowship, and whereas, the laws of our country demand that an organization of this nature must conform to certain rules, therefore be it.
Doctrine of Faith
1. The doctrine and teaching shall be based upon the entire Word of God.
- The inspiration of the scriptures.
- II Peter 1:21 “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
- II Timothy 3:15-16, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2. The One True God.
- Our God is one true God manifested in three (3) persons, the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost.
- God, the Father, self-existent, self-revealed. Jesus said, “The Father is greater than all.” John 14:28
- The Son, Jesus Christ, the only begotten of the Father. John 1:14; John 16:28; John 1:1; John 1:18
- The Holy Ghost proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son. John 15:26; John 14:16
3. Christ. His Divinity.
- Christ is Divine, the Son of God, and was with the Father before the creation according to John 1:1-3. We believe in His Virgin Birth, and that His atoning blood is the only remedy for sin. Hebrews 9:22
4. Man, His Fall and Redemption.
- “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” Gen 1:26. Thus man was created sinless and pure direct from the hand of God. But man failing to stand in the test fell from that pure and holy state in which he came from the hand of God; now the only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Gen 1:27; Romans 5:12; Eph 2:13.
5. Repentance and Regeneration.
- Repentance, deep sorrow for sin. Acts 3:19; Luke 13:2-3; Acts 17:30. Regeneration, the new birth is essential to salvation. John 3:3-6; II Cor. 5:17; I John 5:12; I John 1:9
6. Water Baptism.
- Immersion in water, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, Mat 28:19, and is for converted believers who have turned from their sins and the love of the world. It is NOT salvation, but the outward expression of the inward act of salvation. Rom 6:4; Col 2:12.
7. Gifts of the Spirit through Baptism of the Holy Ghost (Spirit)
- There are nine gifts of the Spirit according to 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. We believe ALL the gifts are for today and we can work in them through Christ Jesus. These gifts are listed here: Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, Faith by the Spirit, Gift of Healing, Working of Miracles, Gift of Prophecy, Discerning of Spirits, Speaking in Tongues as the Spirit give utterance, Acts 2:4, and Interpretation of Tongues, 1 Cor 12:4-11.
8. The Lord’s Supper.
- The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ Himself, and He enjoins all Christian believes to observe this sacrament until He comes again. I Cor 11:23-26. Bread and unfermented grape juice, consecrated to this purpose, are symbols of His flesh and blood. Mat 26:26-29
9. Foot Washing.
- We acknowledge foot washing among believers as a Christian practice to be observed, as to manner and frequency, at the discretion of the local church. John 13:14
10. Divine Healing.
- The Atonement made by Christ provides for the healing of human physical illness, Isa 53:5; I Pet 2:24 through the prayer of faith, James 5:15 by anointing with oil, James 5:14 and laying on of hands Mark 16:18.
11. Holy Living.
- When the human heart has been cleansed through regeneration, the Christian impulsively seeks increasing degrees of consecration and strives to live a holy life consistent with scriptural injunctions. II Cor 7:1, John 15:19.
12. Second Coming of Christ.
- We believe in the imminent personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory and power, at which time the dead in Christ shall be resurrected, and together with worthy Christians who will not have died, shall be translated in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, and be caught up to meet Christ in the air. I Thessalonians 4:14; I Cor 15:51-52; Acts 1:11.
13. Future State.
- All Christian believers having been born again and having died in their faith or having been translated, shall dwell forever with Christ. John 14:1-3.
All unsaved shall spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. Rev. 20:15
14. The Millennium.
- After a period of “Great Tribulation”, the Lord Jesus Christ, returning with His saints, Jude 14, will assume the governing of the entire world, and for one thousand years there will be peace and equity. Rev 20:2-5; Isa 11:1-9.
15. Final Judgement.
- The resurrection of the dead will occur after the millennial reign of Christ, and both small and great will be judged according to their works. Rev. 20:11-13. The unsaved will be cast into the lake of fire, Rev. 20:15, which has been prepared for the devil and his angels and is everlasting. Mathew 25:41.
- We believe tithing is the divine plan for financing the spread of the gospel, and while the payment of tithes is a Christian duty, the giving of offerings is a privilege and a gauge of consecration. Tithing came with faith under Abraham; Moses law continued in practice, Israel was subject to it, Jesus endorsed it. Gen 14:20; Malachi 3:8-10; Mathew 23:23. Paul commanded proportionate giving. I Cor 16:2.
17. The Church.
- The Church is the body of Christ Eph. 1:22-23 consisting of regenerated believers I Cor. 12:13 and has a divine commission to perform Matthew 28:19-20. A part of the church is a divinely call of ministry provided for the purpose of evangelizing the world and edifying the Body of Christ. Eph. 4:11-13.